Frequently Asked Questions
=What is the Michigan Framily Reunion?
Michigan Framily Reunion (MFR) is a womyn's music festival created by females for females. MFR is a women's music festival that has camping, outdoor showers, workshops, marketplace, women's music, and dancing.
When is MFR 2019?
August 2-5, 2019
Where is the event?
2nd Street, Wayland, MI
Who is invited?
Michigan Framily Reunion (MFR) is a women’s music festival. MFR is created by females for females. The producers assume that each female attending will act with kindness, compassion, and respect. It is the hope of MFR crew & producers that you will come to our festival and feel safe, uplifted, and supported.
If you are unable to behave with courtesy and respect for yourself and others, you will be asked to leave. MFR is not policing anyone. MFR is not questioning anyone. All opinions are welcome and radical honesty is respected if it is delivered with an open heart and mind. Please listen more than you speak. This event is focused on adult females. We hope that each adult woman will act like an adult. MFR respects that people attending the festival are an adult or accompanied by an adult and is responsible for their own actions. When you are choosing to not act like an ADULT WOMAN that should know better than to create drama, you will be asked to leave. Please follow the golden rule and treat others the way you would like to be treated. There will be security on site to enforce that men do not show up.
There will also be security on site to make sure that women continue to act like adults and respect other females present. This is a peaceful gathering for females.
Michigan Framily Reunion is a gathering of women to celebrate being a women. We honor the wisdom of sisters gathering to teach and lighten each other’s loads. We gather together separate from the patriarchal world to energize, educate, and empathize in a safe space. As a Framily, we work together to build something beautiful and better. When we all work together, we remember our mothers that worked together. In this spirit, all women attending Michigan Framily Reunion are required to volunteer for three hours in one of the organizational areas: welcome center, parking, security, grounds, shuttle, store, pussy central, fire mistress, performer support, Girl Fridays, or stage hands. Once arriving and checking into Welcome Center, you will be directed to sign up for your work shift. Thank you sisters, together we do better.
Can I bring my kids?
Yes, boys ages 0-5 and girls ages 0-14 are welcome. For girls 15+ please purchase an adult ticket.
Can I bring my dog?
Pets are not allowed. For info about service dogs, please see our blog post here.
Can I bring my RV?
There are 75 available RV sites. You are required to register your RV and get approval for your space. When registering your RV, please include name, email, size of RV, day of arrival, and length of stay. All RV sites are primitive without electrical or water hook up. There is not any RV sites that have electrical access. We encourage you to camp on the lovely beds that our dear trees have provided. Also, there are many campgrounds with services close to Wayland Farm. Thank you so much!
What's Wayland Farm like?
Wayland Farm is an 80-acre property owned by a lesbian who (with her family) planted hundreds of (mostly pine) trees in the woods. It is lesbian owned private property. We will be camping in the woods! Many of the trees are quite close together, we recommend tents with a width of less than 10 feet but any length. The trees are in rows planted 10 feet apart.
Will there be food onsite?
There will be food trucks on site with food for sale. You're also welcome to cook in one of the community kitchens near the camping areas. NO open flames except in designated areas.
Please ONLY use camp-stove at pre-approved kitchens:
There are 5 community kitchens
- RV kitchen on the southern border of the parking lot, west of Bruno Path
- Danu Kitchen at the intersection of Penny Lane & Tata Trail in Oshun Woods
- Mama Kuka kitchen at the corner of J-Walk & Amazon Rising in Yemaya Woods
- Nut Kitchen in Bata Woods at the corner of West Thigh & LV Lane
- ARC kitchen in ARC at Amazon Rising
- If you have a campfire or a camp stove outside of community kitchen or anyway on the Farm besides approved community fire, you will be asked to put it out and put it away.There will be no refunds if you violate any of the rules and are asked to leave.
- Please sister be considerate of our craftswomen in the food trucks & no food sales allowed from community kitchens.
- Please preserve the natural beauty of the pine trees and take out whatever you brought in.
- If you have trash, recycling, or returnable bottles (in Michigan, carbonated beverages in cans, bottles or plastic can be returned for a deposit), MFR has strategically placed appropriate receptacles to receive your deposits.
- Signs are posted on each container so deposit appropriately.
- There will be dish tubs at each kitchen. Please dispose of your food waste in a trash container and then wash your dishes. Please use biodegradable dish soap.
Will there be access to electricity?
No. If you are camping in RV or otherwise running a generator, we ask that you limit its usage to 1 hour per day.
Will there be access to water?
Yes, including hot showers! Please be considerate of others and conserve water while showering.
Please go here to read the operating procedure to get optimal water flow from the water totes:
Will there be a fire circle?
Yes, there will be three fire circle: Loud & Rowdy (North east corner of Rhiannon Forest), Sober Firepit (just northeast of the stage area), and WOC firepit (at WOC tent, south of Isis Woods). NO CAMP FIRES at individual campsites. The fire circle will be extinguished at 1am.
When are the quiet hours?
Quiet hours are from 12am-8am and will be strictly enforced.
Anything else I should know?
- We expect you to clean up after yourself. Although trash and recycling areas will be available, please be prepared to pack out what you pack in, including your own trash.
- Please be kind to Mother Earth and work together to prevent forest fires!
- Smokers, please use the butt cans provided!
- The left side of the stage is for smokers, the right side is for non smokers.
- Illegal drugs and firearms are not allowed on the Wayland Farm property.
- The main gate will close promptly at 12am (midnight). The Welcome Center closes at 9pm on Friday & Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. If you have your ticket with you, you will be able to enter and get your wristband. If you have to purchase a ticket, you will need to wait until the next morning to purchase your ticket. If you have purchased a ticket and are camping elsewhere or staying in a hotel, you must leave by midnight. Gates will reopen at 9am on Saturday & Sunday.
- There may be men on the land to clean the porta janes. This will be in the mornings before between 5:00am-7:30am but not generally during the festival hours.
- Reservations are required to bring your RV or stay in the ARC area. Please reserve your spot early!
- Shade tents/sportrellas are permitted at the top of the hill or to the south side of the main stage area. Please be considerate of your other festies when placing your shade shelter.
I still have questions, where can I get more info?
Please contact us. lansinglesbiansL2L@gmail.com